Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Longing, A Prayer

I'm in a course this semester called Theology of Marriage and Relationships. To begin, we first looked at the Trinity and how that Trinitarian relationship should be the model for our own relationships, whether that be friendships, dating relationship, familial relationships, marriage relationships, etc.. After this section, I reflected on not only our topic but also topics buzzing around current American culture. Then, I took a few minutes and breathed out a short prayer onto my notebook. It is a good reminder for me and I hope it may do the same for you.



I don't want just friends, I want
DEAR friends,
who I would choose to love with a love like the One,
the Three,
who first loved in a bond of unity pointing to the OTHER.
"equal in our humanity,
distinct in our personhood"
Let my love, then, not be
SELFISH
or
SELF SEEKING.
Let it have the strength of the SPIRIT to
keep reaching out.
Sustain my love, Oh God.
Sustain your heart in me.
Guide me so that I may
love well
and
love like YOU.

Press on Saints,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment